background

Monday, August 23, 2010

Post from 3 weeks ago

Before I had Liam, I had all of these ideas of things I would and would not do. Knowing some of them would change once he was here. And that is so true! I thought I would never give him a pacifier, never give him formula, never give him Tylenol, not have a problem with letting him cry for a few minutes in his crib before he went to sleep (once he was old enough) and not work outside the home until he was in school.

Well he has had a pacifier, formula a few times and Tylenol twice now, and it is sooo sad hearing him cry for a few minutes before he totally settles down and goes to sleep.

And Friday I worked for 6 hours. I did miss Liam but I really, really enjoyed being with other adults and helping clients. And I am sure I will enjoy getting a paycheck! Liam stayed with my mom and they had a great day. We decided I would work 2 days a month! Woah, I know it's a lot, lol. If at any point I don't want to, I won't and at any point I want to go to 4 a month I will. But for now this is perfect. The money will go to extra expenses like seminary, vacations, Christmas gifts, etc.

We still whole- heartily believe my first priority is taking care and serving our family and our home. But for now I can still give my best to my family and work a few hours a month.

More excitingly Liam laughed for the first time! It seriously gave us more joy than I could have imagined, you would have thought we won a million dollars, Will and I were so excited.



Liam is just precious, we love playing with him, bathing him, feeding him, just loving on him.

Liam and I are headed to Charleston, SC on Sunday, his first flight and I am a bit nervous to do it by myself. I have already started praying he is super quiet on the flight. My sister and her husband got me a ticket to fly down to watch my nephew Chase for the week, their nanny is out of town. Seriously, I can't wait to spend a whole week with Liam and Chase!!! But even better than that I get to spend two weeks! We are having our family vacation the next week, so Will and my Mom, Bobster and Tyler are meeting us down the Next Saturday.

UPDATE- Liam did amazing on the flight, slept right through both flights. So thankful, I am the kind of person that would have had a complete meltdown if he had been fussy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment