background

Monday, May 9, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Mother's Day 2011 (Liam 13 months old)

Mother's Day 2010 (Liam 3 weeks old)

We have been enjoying life too much to have time to blog about it. I seriously considered just stopping because once you take a break it is hard to catch up, but I am thankful I have recorded events so far so I know I need to just power through. I am not super sentimental or anything- meaning I have no journal or diary or book of things Liam does, so this blog better keep going :)

Liam's first birthday party went really well, we really enjoyed it and think everyone else did too!

A highlight of his birthday was that Will's parents, sister and our nephew Jack were able to come visit, as well as my sister and our nephew Chase.

We will be welcoming another nephew or our first niece in October! Which we are super excited and thankful for! Chase will be such a great big brother.

My mom, sister and I were able to go to New York for a girls weekend. We had a wonderful time, we all enjoy doing the same things so the trip was perfect. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria which was beautiful and right on 5th Avenue, we pretty much stayed in the box of 5th, Madison and Park, with the exception of going to Grand Central Station, The Empire State Building and Broadway to see Wicked. I've been there twice before, so this was the first time I felt like really comfortable, knew exactly where we were going, etc.
The food was amazing, so was the shopping and walking around Central Park. I would live there in a heartbeat!

I got to celebrate my 2nd Mother's Day with Liam. We went to church, the boys took me to J. Alexander's for a yummy lunch, we took a 2 hour nap and Will worked on school the rest of the day. Mom and Bobster came by and then we headed to a big family dinner at my dad's. It was a wonderful day- the perfect balance of busy and relaxing; and of time with just the three of us and extended family.

Our anniversary is right around the corner. I tried to plan a surprise trip to Chicago but Will got a promotion and I had to end up telling him the dates so he doesn't plan any meetings or anything.

Will is taking a class this next week Wednesday- Saturday, then he has one more summer class, then 3 classes in the fall and will graduate this December. We are really enjoying this season of life but to think he won't have to study anymore in just 6 months is amazing! You would be surprised at how much family time sacrificed and money goes into a Seminary degree. We are praying God will provide a full time ministry position for Will.

Liam is the best little thing! He occasionally disobeys but for the most part listens to what we say, he never cries anymore, he is very content to play on his own, so much so that sometimes he will shut the door to his room on his own! He walks now always, almost never crawling, he hasn't had any major falls but I almost always hold his hand on the drive way, etc. He loves his momma, but him and dad are pretty tight too. I think it's a toss up which one of us he prefers right now.

He isn't talking clearly but, I believe he thinks he is, he babbles all day long. He also brushes his hair with my hair brush, talks on his pretend phone, helping take his clothes on and off, washes his rubber ducky in the bath- basically imitating the things we do.

We hope everyone had a great easter and mother's day and enjoying the spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment