background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Big Brother/ Baby June Bug


I had my first pregnancy appointment yesterday and everything with baby looks great, they did a quick ultrasound and I was 10 weeks and 6 days, making me 11 weeks today. In the ultrasound picture the baby's head is to the left and the body to the right, the two little white dots next to the sides of the face are the baby's hands. We got to see the heart flicker and he/she was moving around the whole time. Liam and Will came with me and we all got to see together so that was really sweet. We totally forgot to ask how fast the heartbeat was so we could start making guesses on the sex of the babe! I really like my new Doctor. I asked so many questions to make sure we were on the same page because of my somewhat non-medical views on birth and I think she will be a good fit. Her induction and c-section rate are extremely low! 10% and 14%, the national average being 30%, so I am really thankful for that. We are just praying for a healthy pregnancy and for me to carry as long as possible.
I don't think Liam knows what is going on at all, but I am hoping as my belly gets bigger and Liam gets older he will understand what is happening. He will still be young at 26 months when the baby arrives, but we are thinking and praying for a good relationship between the two of them! Seeing the ultrasound really made us feel like we are parents of TWO children! So amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment